Report Illegal Discharges

If Hazardous Materials Enter Creeks

Call 1-888-510-5151

This number is NOT to report trash or other generic creek concerns nor incidents occurring outside of creeks.


Go Here for Other Creek Related Issues

This webpage is used to provide requests, questions, and complaints directly to Santa Clara Valley Water District staff who can help with specific issues.


Illegal Dumping/Discharges In or Near Storm Drains

Nothing besides clean water may be dumped or allowed to flow into a storm drain. Common examples of illegal discharges include pesticides, washwaters, sewage, automotive fluids, paint, construction materials and wastes, sediment and/or silt, and food wastes.

When do you report an illegal discharge or dumping incident?

  • When you see a person dumping anything into the storm drain. This activity is illegal!
  • When you notice unusual odors in or near the storm drain.
  • When you see dumped wastes and materials in or near the storm drain.
  • When the storm drain system has larger than normal flows during dry periods.

To report an illegal discharge or dumping incident, contact the member agency below in which the discharge or incident occurs.

Campbell, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga (408) 354-5385
Cupertino (408) 777-3354
Los Altos (650) 947-2770
Los Altos Hills (650) 941-7222
Milpitas 911
Mountain View (650) 903-6378
Palo Alto (650) 329-2413
(24 hour support)
San Jose (408) 945-3000
(24 hour support)
Santa Clara (408) 615-5580
(24 hour support)
Sunnyvale (408) 730-7260
Unincorporated Santa Clara County (408) 918-3400

In case of emergencies or after business hours, please call 911 to report the incident.

Reporting Pesticide Emergencies

The Division of Agriculture regulates the use, storage, and disposal of all pesticides used in Santa Clara County. This includes the investigation of pesticide-related illnesses and complaints, the strict enforcement of regulations protecting workers who handle pesticides, and the sampling of produce for pesticide residues. In addition, the office is responsible for the oversight of all pesticide applications made to any crop in Santa Clara County.

If you suspect you have been exposed to pesticides and your situation is not a life threatening emergency, or if you need to report a pesticide handling violation, call the Agricultural Commissioners Office immediately.

If you live in Santa Clara County, the San Jose offices phone number is (408) 918-4600, and the Morgan Hill offices phone number is (408) 465-2900.

back to top